JamesDSP, weird problem since update

Has been fine until the latest update, couple of days ago.
I’m struggling as to how to explain what has happened, but here goes!
If watching video content via Firefox or VLC etc. I have to manually select ‘Line out stereo duplex’ in the source section of Sound settings to get sound. If however I switch to another source(e.g. another video on Youtube) or click the video timeline to jump forward, the setting for that app changes to ‘JamesDSP" and sound stops, reselecting ‘Stereo Duplex’ restores sound (via James DSP as sound is equalized)’
EDIT: James DSP removed and Pulseaudio Equalizer(LADSPA) installed. Functioning fine. I,ll look out for any answer to the original problem.

are we talking about the pulse-audio variant here.

need more info on your setup, please provide output of;

$ inxi -Aazy

$ pactl info
inxi -Aazy                                                                                       ✔ 
Audio:
  Device-1: Intel 100 Series/C230 Series Family HD Audio vendor: ASUSTeK
    driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel alternate: snd_soc_avs bus-ID: 00:1f.3
    chip-ID: 8086:a170 class-ID: 0403
  Device-2: NVIDIA GP107GL High Definition Audio vendor: eVga.com.
    driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel pcie: gen: 3 speed: 8 GT/s lanes: 16
    bus-ID: 01:00.1 chip-ID: 10de:0fb9 class-ID: 0403
  API: ALSA v: k6.3.5-2-MANJARO status: kernel-api with: aoss
    type: oss-emulator tools: alsactl,alsamixer,amixer
  Server-1: sndiod v: N/A status: off tools: aucat,midicat,sndioctl
  Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.22 status: off tools: N/A
  Server-3: PipeWire v: 0.3.70 status: active with: 1: pipewire-pulse
    status: active 2: wireplumber status: active 3: pipewire-alsa type: plugin
    tools: pactl,pw-cat,pw-cli,wpctl
pactl info                                                                                       ✔ 
Server String: /run/user/1000/pulse/native
Library Protocol Version: 35
Server Protocol Version: 35
Is Local: yes
Client Index: 750
Tile Size: 65472
User Name: merlin
Host Name: merlinPC
Server Name: PulseAudio (on PipeWire 0.3.70)
Server Version: 15.0.0
Default Sample Specification: float32le 2ch 48000Hz
Default Channel Map: front-left,front-right
Default Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo
Default Source: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo.monitor
Cookie: 1e9a:d366

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

well there is nothing much to complain from what i know. it is expected in this case that pipewire should be v: 0.3.71 if you want to run stuff newly built from AUR, and yours is v: 0.3.70 (stable branch).

however you should only get jamesdsp as a sink against the applications playing audio in sound settings and not as a separate sound profile like you mentioned. that is odd

As I said initially, all was fine and sound defaulted through the JamesDSP sink, now it has to be reselected every time the source (Video or whatever in Firefox) changes. Pulseaudio-equalizer has also been removed now as it didnt work either. Core sound system is Pipewire.
Is there any other (non obtrusive) equalizer I can try, I need one that works in the background so that I can compensate for Hearing Loss in mid to high ranges.

you can try easyeffects has lots of bells & whistles, and unlike jamesdsp, its available from official repo. applying EQ shouldnt be difficult

Is there any other (non obtrusive) equalizer I can try, I need one that works in the background so that I can compensate for Hearing Loss in mid to high ranges.
[/quote]

gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/wiki states that module-ladspa-sink is “implemented with the same parameters that pulseaudio supports”

PulseAudio documentation for module-ladspa-sink has an example of how to load an equalizer plugin and set it as default-sink

pactl load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=ladspa_out master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo plugin=mbeq_1197 label=mbeq control=11.621622,10,4.594594,2.702703,0,0,-1.621622,-0.270270,-5.405406,-3.513514,-8.648648,-5.675676,-4.054054,1.351351,9.189189;
pactl set-default-sink ladspa_out

Equalizer plugin mbeq_1197 is used in pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa so if you can recall the settings used in that package and edit the values in the pactl load-module no GUI is required

module-ladspa-sink also has an option to remap channels: channel_map=mono,mono

If you want to try out alternative equalizer plugins, consider running plugins in JACK or pw-jack to work out equalizer settings that suit your needs before (or instead of) implementing an unobtrusive solution

lsp-plugins

calf-plugins