Iw dev connect - Operation not supported (-95)

Hello and thanks for dropping by,
The problem I’m having is that after I got my wireless interface to work (indicated as up):
$ ip link list
3: wlp0s20f3: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether c6:ec:15:6f:2d:68 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

I try to connect to my WiFi which the interface found (via the command iw dev INTERFACE scan):
$ sudo iw dev wlp0s20f3 connect Ksenia key 0:0544880620
command failed: Operation not supported (-95)
$ sudo iw dev wlp0s20f3 connect Ksenia key d:2:0544880620
command failed: Operation not supported (-95)

I couldn’t find anything regarding this “Operation not supported (-95)” which was relevant to the iw command.

I was following the Arch Linux Wiki Guide on the subject of Network configuration/ Wireless.

I also disabled my Ethernet so it wouldn’t interfere with the Wifi, but it didn’t work.

Software notes:
I installed Manjaro a few hours ago
Manjaro Illyria 18.0.4
I ran rfkill to make sure it wasn’t the problem:
$ rfkill list
3: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no

So basically, I think the problem has to do with the Wifi interface itself (and making it work in conjunction with Manjaro). Because it says Wi-Fi is disabled in the networks manager window

IIRC NetworkManager is used on all editions to manage network (devices), Try nmcli, see
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NetworkManager#nmcli_examples

In the wiki page it does explain that using another service disables nmcli.
I might as well post that:
$ nmcli device
DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION
enp1s0 ethernet connected Wired connection 1
wlp0s20f3 wifi unavailable –
lo loopback unmanaged –

Manjaro Illyria 18.0.4 is very old 21.3.7 is the main xfce etc version

Very true indeed.
@Raziel17o1 : try with a current/up-to-date iso/installation.
Also please post more system information, see

I don’t have an extra CD the burn a new image on, I was hoping to install and then update the OS to the current version anyway, but currently it looks like an unlikely option.

If you have a spare fresh drive around, you can use ventoy. Just place the iso in the storage, reboot e select ventoy at the boot menu.