I've rectified some errors in "inputstream.ffmpegdirect", yet the compilation still remains unsolvable

# Maintainer: ivanich
pkgdesc="Inputstream ffmpegdirect kodi plugin"
arch=('armv6h' 'armv7h' 'aarch64' 'i686' 'x86_64')
makedepends=('cmake' 'git' 'autoconf' 'automake' 'patch' 'nasm' 'pkgconf')


prepare() {
        cd xbmc-${_kodiver}-${_koditarget}

build() {
        mkdir -p "${_gitname}-${pkgver}-${_koditarget}/build"
        cd "${_gitname}-${pkgver}-${_koditarget}/build"

        cmake \
                -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
                -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib/kodi \
                -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
                -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=1 \
                -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=${_gitname} \
                -DADDONS_SRC_PREFIX=../.. \

package() {
        cd "${_gitname}-${pkgver}-${_koditarget}/build"
        install -d "${pkgdir}/usr"
        mv .install/lib "${pkgdir}/usr/"
        mv .install/share "${pkgdir}/usr/"

In essence, I’ve addressed some glitches caused by overly new versions of the compilation toolchain and uploaded the fixes to my own repository. The commands provided on the GitHub homepage of the “inputstream.ffmpegdirect” project allow for successful compilation, but the use of “makepkg” for compilation and packaging perpetually results in failure, a situation I find wholly perplexing.

Here is the log. The error appears peculiar; it should have been rectified by me, yet it continues to raise an alert.

Here is the related discussion.

See Debian bug reports #1041401 & #1037714. You can try the two related patches from https://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kodi-inputstream-ffmpegdirect/kodi-inputstream-ffmpegdirect_20.5.0+ds1-2.debian.tar.xz

You might want to build with Kodi 20.2 instead of 20.0 as well.

I have patched the relevant errors of gcc13 and ffmpeg in my own repository, but the issue is that I can compile normally with the commands in the project’s GitHub guide, but when I compile and package with makepkg, it will give an error. As I’ve said, it’s as if I haven’t patched those codes. The compilation tool downloaded the unpatched code from the original project address for compilation.

By the way, forgot to mention earlier that is not a full build log, so I have no idea what error you encountered.

I was under the impression that I used the -L command of the makepkg command to generate the log, it seems that the -L command did not capture the full log? That’s weird.

Yes, that is odd.

Why did you mark you post as the solution? That doesn’t tell us how you solved it.

Either way, make sure you have the base-devel meta package installed, it appears you don’t if you’re manually adding members of that package to makedepends(). base-devel is assumed installed, so one should not add them.

On a mobile phone, browsing forums with a browser always leads to all sorts of strange problems, such as the wrong touch.

I updated the log link.

It looks complete now, but I don’t see any helpful errors. Try building in a clean chroot with chrootbuild:

sudo pacman -Syu --needed base-devel git manjaro-chrootbuild
cd <directory above where the PKGBUILD is>
sudo chrootbuild -p kodi-addon-inputstream-ffmpegdirect -c
sudo chrootbuild -p kodi-addon-inputstream-ffmpegdirect -c         
==> ERROR: Could not find PKGBUILD for [kodi-addon-inputstream-ffmpegdirect]. Aborting.
      Cleaning up.

However, there is a PKGBUILD file in the directory.

As I mentioned above, you’ll need to be one directory above where the PKGBUILD is. I was assuming the folder is called kodi-addon-inputstream-ffmpegdirect as that would be the name if it was cloned from the AUR. I know you’re using a custom PKGBUILD with your repo, so you may have it named something else.

I struggle to use a proxy in chrootbuild, but I have compiled in the Manjaro Docker image, which reported similar errors.

The compilation has succeeded, yet a more extensive inquiry is called for.

Merely a typographical error, DADDONS_SRC_PREFIX ought to be rectified to DADDON_SRC_PREFIX, accompanied by additional modifications.