Issues with Kvantum correctly applying themes to QT applications

I don’t know about Manjaro, but in Ubuntu I added QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct to my ~/.pam_environment and it works like a charm.

I installed Gnome 20.2.1 Nibia. Updated the system but ignored the qgnomeplatform…
Now my qt apps work like a charm!

I tried installing qt5ct, but that didn’t seem to help any. When that failed, I downgraded qgnomeplatform from 0.7.1-1 to 0.7.0-1 (as @gqanubis indicated above) and everything went back to working normally.

1 Like

any idea how to fix themes with dark in them? especially manjaro default themes.

Edit: the latest update of matcha themes solves the issue. Thank you team!

I use a dark theme, and when I downgraded qgnomeplatform from 0.7.1-1 to 0.7.0-1, everything worked as expected.

I was hoping that it would be fixed with this update, but the stable branch still seems to be shipping with 0.7.1-1.

I cannot downgrade qgnomeplatform with the utility. I tried both versions community/downgrade and aur/downgrade. How should I do it?

You might try building it from the github repository. Here is a link to 0.7.0. It should still work.

If you don’t want to do that, there should be another update coming out fairly quick for the stable channel. I am guessing that it will be fixed in that release (but I don’t know for sure).

1 Like

Without downgrading you can set QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=“kvantum-dark” in /etc/environment file or export QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=“kvantum-dark” in your .profile.

Works fine for me (see above in the thread)

For calibre I also set CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE=1

2 Likes

Going into the /etc/enviroment file and setting QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=kvantum-dark fixed it for me but it should really be fixed so people don’t have to tweak this stuff. I don’t know how to contribute