Some apps I have (like all parts of Libre Office) take upwards of a minute to start. I’ve had this issue since I installed Manjaro (with Plasma) over a year ago. The distros I’ve used before haven’t had this problem. I’d like to see what the apps are doing that takes so long to more accurately seek help.
Ofc, if someone has some ideas how to solve this issue right off the bat, I’d be more than happy to try them out.
If you have
strace installed ─ if not, it’s in the repository ─ then you can use that for starting the application from the command line and then it will tell you everything the application does.
But that’s as much advice as I can give you. You’ll have to know what to look for and how to interpret debugging symbols.
Thanks. Got me forward. The startup seems to get stuck waiting for a socket response but encounters “The resource is temporarily unavalable” and tries again a few time until timeout. Then it just does that on a loop for a while until it gets the response and carries on with start up as normal. At least that’s how it seems to me. I’m by no means an expert in this.
But yeah. You gave me what I asked so it’s solved for my part.
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.