Is there a way to install pcloud drive on the Pinebook Pro

Hello,

I would like to be able to install pcloud on my Pinebook Pro.

pcloud drive exists in the AUR as an electron app.

In the PKGBUILD file I tried modifying the arch line to “arch=(‘aarch64’)” but unfortunately this produces the error and abort message below: is there anything else I can try?

Preparing…
Cloning pcloud-drive build files…
Checking pcloud-drive dependencies…
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…

Building pcloud-drive…
==> Making package: pcloud-drive 1.8.6-6 (Sun 30 Aug 2020 12:53:49 CEST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies…
==> Checking buildtime dependencies…
==> Retrieving sources…
-> Found LICENSE
-> Found pcloud-drive-1.8.6-6
==> Validating source files with sha256sums…
LICENSE … Passed
pcloud-drive-1.8.6-6 … Passed
==> Removing existing $srcdir/ directory…
==> Extracting sources…
==> Starting prepare()…
/var/tmp/pamac-build-quadrantids/pcloud-drive/PKGBUILD: line 27: ./pcloud-drive-1.8.6-6: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
Aborting…

It is a proprietary program, if the vendor don’t make an aarch64 version you can’t run it.

otherwise you can try to use the CLI program rclone + rclone-browser from the AUR

1 Like

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.