Is there a way for the network/hotspot (tether) functionality to automatically start upon login?

And keep running / start again even after sleep?

Try… :arrow_down:

System Settings → Workspace → Startup and Shutdown → Autostart

OK, but what would I put there? There is no obvious program, I need to run. (And then, I’d rather put it into a user systemd service, because just starting it once would not be enough. It needed to restart if interrupted by sleep, suspend, …).

I think it should automatically start but as it obviously does not you can just create your own network connection with Wifi (shared) and set it to automatically connect in the “general configuration” tab.

I tried that, but it seems to me that “automatically connect” is for me connecting to the network and not for offering it (it’s the same dialogue). In any way it does not work.

Got there with GitHub - lakinduakash/linux-wifi-hotspot: Feature-rich wifi hotspot creator for Linux which provides both GUI and command-line interface. It is also able to create a hotspot using the same wifi card which is connected to an AP already ( Similar to Windows 10). running as a systemd service.
I could not get there by the gui, but via command line it was ok.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.