Is the manjaro Mini-PC ok for simple gaming?

what do you think?

I like to play nexuiz ego-shooter and is it possible to use this hardware?

Manjaro-Mini-16 GB RAM

I now have a laptop with discrete NVIDIA mx-250 graphic and it should be a little better than that?!

Tipps are welcome …

Hardware is a personal choice and difficult one. That is why we generally do not recommend specific hardware for specific use case.

I am not a gamer but I’d say this box is designed for gaming - perhaps not luxurury high end gaming but more than adequate for the average use case.

MX250 should be superior than the RX VEGA 10 of the mini PC.

From Passmark: GeForce MX250 vs Radeon RX Vega 10 [videocardbenchmark.net] by PassMark Software

Your current GPU is more suitable for gaming.

On the other hand, the game you’re referring to, is really not a demanding game: Nexuiz on Steam

System Requirements

• OS: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, with the latest Service Pack
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2ghz, or better
  • Memory: 2Gb (Vista requires 3Gb)
  • Graphics: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM, or better
  • DirectX®: 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 3Gb
  • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

So it should be working properly on the mini PC.

I use my old PC display to redirect output of Laptop with Nvidia Geforce MX250 and that takes some time to be shown on this diskret display.

“They” allways kill me in nexuiz because i’m to slow to react correct with that enormous latency of <> 1 second?!

So spend $500 to reduce latency? I have to think about that …

By the way: i’m really a bad ego-shooter so i think i have to live with that experience to be shooten all the time: in german i would say: " Kein Schwanz ist so hart wie das Leben" :slight_smile:

Thanks for your Tipps …

There shouldn’t be 1 second delay in the display, something is wrong probably on the screen side (internal post processing, some configuration, things like that). It will probably be the same with another computer.

We also bring out a budget version for $299 soon. I can do a benchmark on both devices and share the results on that particular game.

AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H, 4 Cores/8 Threads
Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics(Graphics Frequency 1200MHz)
DDR4 8GB
M.2 2280 256GB
1×2.5 inch SATA HDD Slot (SATA 3.0 6.0Gb/s)
M.2 2230 WIFI Support
1 Like

You really should not use userbenchmark @tomek. They are very very anti AMD and makes them look really bad in tests by altering the algorithm. And they bad talk AMD CPUs a lot. They are already banned on multiple major subreddits. But yes, the MX250 is better for gaming.

A dGPU is usually almost always better than an iGPU. I’d recommend to just game on that laptop instead of buying the Manjaro Mini for gaming.

For those who don’t have a computer already, the Manjaro Mini could be okay. I do have a laptop with a Ryzen 7 4800H that I game on, which is stronger than the Manjaro Mini. Sometimes I have to reduce the resolution to 720p and lowest quality though.