Is ModemManager.service important?

Hi again :eyes:, I googled for a bit in order to find the important services Manjaro OS needs to function properly (due to my boot speed issues) but I didn’t find any post and when I found a post related to my issue somehow, using archive before forum doesn’t work in the URL. It says the page is either private or was removed.
So, my question is: is there a list displaying all the important services the OS needs and therefore cannot be disabled? I’m asking that because after running sudo systemd-analyze critical-chain the following information was shown:

Is ModemManager.service important for the OS or is it important only if I’m using a modem?
Thanks in advance!

Only if your system is going to act like a modem for something else and/or you use dial-up in some form.
For example … ‘mobile broadband’

2 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome! Thanks for the explanation :slight_smile:

No problem. For more info see links:

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/

[this one is more general of what you are looking into … cant vett it myself … but here it is]

2 Likes

It’s also required for Bluetooth tethering.

1 Like

Yeah. Thats an example … my old-fashioned self still calls that dial-up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This one is interesting too !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.