Is Manjaro MATE Dying?

It took 40 posts but we finally got you to uninstall that damn package :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You people are the Best! :trophy:
It took far less time to do both lines (curious George at the keyboard) in MATE Terminal than to type this.

Firefox, LibreOffice, Gnome Text Editor and everything else I tried now opens in a fraction of a second again. Faster than I can time it w/o shooting a slow mo video.

Thank you to all my new heroes who took the time to help a hapless newbie. :star_struck:

The takeaway for you here might be that it is safe to run pacman -R as it will refuse to do things that break your system. So just go for it and try for yourself even if you are unsure. If it refuses, you can force it by -Rdd and then your system might be broken to some degree.

If you followed the wiki guide, you unnecessarily used -Rdd but for the future donโ€™t remember it as a tool to use before you do more research.

1 Like

Bottom line for me: Manjaro MATE is not dying. Thanks to all the patience, kindness and expertise so freely shared in this forum, itโ€™s alive and running like a track star again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.