Is Linux Kernel 5.* now considered to be stable?

Several days ago, i upgraded my Kernel to 5.15.2-2. Initially it seemed fine, but after waking up from sleep, my wireless Microsoft mouse was almost unusable. it was very sticky that many many wheeling just made it move a little bit up or down the scrolling bar.

It was just the same issue i encountered before years ago when I was first trying Kernel 5. i didn’t dig too much, but it seems that it was a Kernel bug yet didn’t fixed. Once again i simply downgrade to 4.19.

That’s it.

Manjaro is slightly behind what is currently posted here:
https://kernel.org/

(yes … there are multiple 5.X kernels that are ‘stable’ and even LTS … though 5.15 is rather young)

Hi there. I have 5.4 & 5.10 installed. Both seem great. It’s always worth having a back-up if you don’t have a 2nd kernel already. Go well…

Then you can install kernel 5.4 or kernel 5.10 on your system.

I would wait for the next release or anything after 5.15.2. There was a pretty critical bug affecting Tiger Lake/Iris Xe graphics users that made 5.15.2 pretty much unusable.

The fix was implemented as a patch to the Manjaro kernel later and fully upstreamed as of 5.15.7.

I recommend go to the testing branch which has fixed kernels. AX210 bluetooth has a issue now and I don’t know if it has been fixed. Go to the testing branch is not so dangerous and bugs can be fixed faster.

PS: have you tried reconnect the mouse? @Voilaet