Polybar error message "/bin/sh: check-network: command not found"

Difficulty: ★☆☆☆☆

Open the pipe menu, click Preferences and Polybar

Click on Edit configs Running bars Openbox bar

Remove the module “Network” present on the last line and save the file

2 Likes

The question is, why is a tutorial even needed? Is there an issue with the Polybar default config in Openbox that should be addressed? @linux-aarhus

Hi.
It seems to me that manjaro-openbox-scripts 2.3-1 is missing the check-network script. This script is also missing from polybar-themes13 github repo. So I manually downloaded the one from polybar-themes12. But it would be better to have this script as a part of manjaro-openbox-scripts package.

Thanks.

1 Like

I didn’t even know this polybar-themes repo :slight_smile:

For as long as I remember the script has not been an active part of the openbox configuration - so keeping the repo clean - unused scripts are removed.

I do use another script which I can add to the package and symlink as check-network - no problem.

1 Like

Is not a default config on Polybar, I’am a simple user and I find this error message “/bin/sh: check-network: command not found” after the last update and I find the solution for remove this message. I want just help the others users to sharing a solution with this [how to], simply.

A jaw dropping collection of polybar scripts

1 Like

I have updated the openbox scripts package - besides the openbox functionality scripts - it contains a couple of scripts to be used with polybar.

The check-network script is back in a modified version which displays your local IP whether it is eth or wifi.

check-network-lan

Along with a network-check-wan script - which will display your public IP and detect if you are using an OpenVPN or your ISP and display the corresponding IP address.

check-network-wan

A couple of utility scripts has also been added and these extra scripts are

check-network
check-network-wan
format-usb
fpf               # requires fzf
myip
pdif              # requires meld
srm_guified.sh    # use as Thunar custom action
updates.sh
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.