Is it possible to somehow assemble (download) Manjaro completely on QT6?

Hello everyone, a simple question: is it possible (or is it possible) to build or download Manjaro KDE Plasma6 on pure QT6, or just build it from Arch?

What does that even mean? :thinking:

We already inherit most packages from Arch, there’s nothing to do. See Manjaro Features

EDIT: If you’re wondering why some packages are still Qt 5, that’s because upstream hasn’t ported to Qt 6 yet.

Mmm I tried to get rid of QT5, but couldn’t, although Manjaro’s ISO is the latest. One thing leads to another. Tell me, when will QT6 be completely transferred to ISO? Thank you

There are some programs that still use qt5, so there’s not much to do here instead of waiting.

Well, I’m thinking of taking pure Arch and installing Plasma6, it turns out pure QT6, or I also found an option https://kaosx.us/, I’ll try)

Where? What?

Some plasma components still rely on qt5 things.

Like vlc - it relies on qt5-base and is a requirement for the multimedia backend of plasma.
Which in turn is a requirement for dolphin and plasma-workspace.

I suppose you could workaround that one way or another, such as by using a hacked up PKGBUILD, but none of those methods would be supported.

1 Like

plasma 5 is 2014 and (archlinux) Qt4 removed 2019. give developers time to rewrite their applications

today, in archlinux, only 494 packages use qt5-base :wink: qt6-base used by 656

What’s the problem with Qt5?

Having studied various distributions, I saw that there really isn’t one without QT5). Well then it’s really worth the wait :blush:. Thanks everyone for your attention

After updating to Plasma6, I had a lot of problems on Manjaro, from a kernel error and so on. Now I’m reinstalling it clean. Having downloaded many distributions from Plasma6, I have not encountered these errors anywhere. So I thought that maybe this had something to do with QT5, but as I now understand, no, it’s more likely due to the transition

It doesn’t.

It probably had a lot to do with your configs, older Plasma Widgets, and general fluff…

I created a new user, and cleaned out my normal user account than redid the normal user, and no more issues.

Ah, you’ve joined us back in reality. Welcome back! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Mmm yes, but this clean installation did not give anything, all the same errors. Perhaps now there are some scenarios that I did not achieve on test distributions with KDE Plasma 6, Kubuntu, KDE Neon, kaosx, using them in Live I did not achieve such errors, and not a single freeze. Okay, apparently this is another story, a new chapter and forum topic)

Operating System: Manjaro Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 6.0.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.2.0
Qt Version: 6.7.1
Kernel Version: 6.9.3-3-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 11.1 ГиБ of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 5500
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name: TP300LDB
System Version: 1.0

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.