Is it possible to replace partition with xfce with xfce to fix kernel panic?

Hello guys,
So what happened was while upgrading using the systems “add & remove” light went off for a min and it was upgrading the kernel… On top of this the bad situation was my laptop was live on the power cord. After light came back and i try to restart the only thing it’s showing me was kernel panic on a black screen, I tried to go back to the old kernel and boot up but all of them wore corrupted.
So is there anything i could do to fix it, any way ???
Dell inspiron 3450
1TR 8GB ram
I3 4Gen
And
After doing some research i found the new Manjaro OS xfce have an option that says “replace partition” on the installation boot mode. So I don’t have a separate partition I use all of it in one partition, so my question is can i use the replace partition to fix the kernel problem and will i lose my files ?

use a live version to get your files off.

Yes am accessing my file over that but if i try to replace the partition what would be the chance wiping my /home ?

98% of chance

Can you use a live usb to chroot and then upgrade with pacman through cli? Might work

when it says replace it means it will format all your partition

@makler
Sounds like there are badblocks on your disk which are not known by the filesystem and therefore when it tries to write to the unknown badblock it crashes.

Boot a Manjaro Live Session and try to repair the drive while searching also for badblocks to skip:

fsck -vcck /dev/device-PARTITION

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Badblocks#During_filesystem_check