Need to get base-devel on a setup that has no internet

Hey, is there anyway to get base-devel on a pc setup that has no internet, I have a thumb drive.

I also need the headers for 5.15.50-1 linux

I also have a second computer that is running windows.

base-devel is a group… it contains:

autoconf
automake
binutils
bison
fakeroot
file
findutils
flex
gawk
gcc
gettext
grep
groff
gzip
libtool
m4
pacman
patch
pkgconf
sed
sudo
texinfo
which
make

Search for mirror, download the packages and install them… however, depending on how old the ISO is, that will not work. Easiest method is just having a internet connection: cable, wifi, smartphone thethering.

If you plan to use Manjaro without internet connection, then stop here and use another distro, which has a fixed release cycle and is not rolling.

I just need them to build a wireless wifi adapter driver package. Where should I look for the mirrors, and how should I download them on windows.

https://repo.manjaro.org/

Click through the folders, use the builtin search, click to download…

Alright, I downloaded them all from a mirror, and they are pkg.tar.zst files. How do I get them working on my kde setup now?

Do you have a command or something for it? I appreciate the help by the way, I’m pretty inexperienced.

General: Double-Click should open them with the pamac-manager.

Terminal:

1. Switch to the path:
cd /path/to/target
  1. Install them:
sudo pacman -U *.tar.zst

But I guess it needs a database to install them. If there is no database, then you need to do that tedious work also offline. But really, if that is the case, then stop here and do this on a virtual machine. Compiling a driver is not just click and install :wink:

If you have a windows installation, the best chance to build the drivers is actually a virtual machine with manjaro…

1. Install it on the VM, update it to the latest state.
  2. Build the driver and create a pkg with makepkg
  3. build an iso with exact same current state.
    3.1 include headers and base-devel packages here at
    ~/iso-profiles/shared/Packages-Root
  4. copy the iso on a prepared ventoy drive.
  5. Save the created pkg also.

Now install it on the laptop…

Does it have to be ventoy or can it be balena etched on

No, don’t have to, but ventoy is just easy as copy it to the drive and remove it anytime. It just have to be prepared one time.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.