IOMMU isolation

Hi.
I'm trying to isolate a GPU so that it can be passthrough into a VM, I've searched the web, a lot, but I still can't figure it out. I have 2 GPU's:

• Radeon RX 580
  • Nvidia GTX 970

I've tried to run my computer from the CPU's GPU (if that is what it is, no sure), and that worked, but now I want to make the VM run on my Radeon GPU. The host is running on the Nvidia already.

I hope you understand my problem and is able to help.
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

check this out, it's a very good description how to set up vm and passtrough:

Thanks for the answer.

So i tried the guide, but i still end up with this error, when starting the VM:

Error starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2019-11-19T21:17:18.246383Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:02:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.3,addr=0x0: vfio 0000:02:00.0: group 1 is not viable
Please ensure all devices within the iommu_group are bound to their vfio bus driver.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 75, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 111, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/libvirtobject.py", line 66, in newfn
    ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/domain.py", line 1279, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1136, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2019-11-19T21:17:18.246383Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:02:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.3,addr=0x0: vfio 0000:02:00.0: group 1 is not viable
Please ensure all devices within the iommu_group are bound to their vfio bus driver.

Forum kindly sponsored by