Interrupted 2020-12-11 Stable Update during package download now system wrongly shows update as completed

Yesterday 1-01-2021 started a system update from terminal with
sudo pacman -Syyu

First error, I did not check the forum. While pacman was downloading packages for manjaro-system 20201211-1 upgrade I went to the stable-update forum and after seeing issues with nvidia I decided to stop the update process and read carefully the forum.

Second error, I closed terminal where pacman was running. Opened again terminal but this time it showed system was up-to-date. I knew package download was not finished so it was not possible to be upgraded.

Third error, I reboot and again tried an update and pacman showed manjaro-system 20210101-3. I thought it would resume first previous incomplete update, but of course it did not happen.

How can I re-apply or complete failed previous system upgrade?
Pacman keeps saying that system is up-to-date, but 20201211-1 upgrade was never applied.
I thought I could remove latest and previous 20201211-1 and 20210101-3 versions and try to reinstall 20201211-1, but I’m almost sure it will not work.

I browsed the forum but did not find this issue explained before.
Thank you for your support.

Remove /var/lib/pacman/db.lck and then run

sudo pacman -Scc
sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Reference:
Pacman troubleshooting - Manjaro

1 Like

Thanks Wollie for your fast answer and support.

I read carefully the thread you pointed me but it does not really address my problem here.
After the faulty upgrade pacman is not locked, in fact system was able to apply the following 20210101-3 update without a problem.
I went and looked for db.lock at /var/lib/pacman/, but there was no file there to remove.

I then applied the code you suggested, it removed all downloaded packages in cache, but after:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu
pacman reported system up-to-date.

I went to verify pamac history and compared all packages versions that pamac reported where installed in 01/01/2021 with versions installed in my system.
And they are the same.
How? I’m sure I closed terminal window.
Did the upgrade continue in the background and was finished by the time I rebooted the system?
So this probably means that I indeed have my system up-to-date as pacman reports, true?

Best

I looks like that you are fine for the moment, as long as you have no other issues, wait for next update announcement, then you will know it for sure. :smiley: