Internal Mic Causing Static Audio

Hello all! I’m relatively new to Linux as a whole, however I’ve been spending sometime playing around with it in VMs and just recently started dual booting it along Windows. Now with it all up and running, I just noticed yesterday that when getting into Discord calls, my mic is making a static noise to the point where that’s mostly what everyone hears. I’ve looked through Discord settings and concluded that it’s a system issue, rather than a Discord issue. When I open the audio panel where it shows the sound levels of both input/output, I see the sound bar for my internal mic boosting upwards, which I’m assuming means that the mic is constantly picking up audio when it shouldn’t. I’ve heard a lot about the Manjaro forums and just came here to see if anyone maybe able to assist me with this issue.

Welcome to Manjaro forum

Is this a laptop internal microphone?
Or an external microphone using an audio jack or USB connection, or Bluetooth?

Please post more information about system

inxi -Fazy

I’ve looked through Discord settings and concluded that it’s a system issue, rather than a Discord issue

Have you turned off the Discord Voice Processing options for Echo cancellation; Noise Reduction and Automatic Gain Control ?

I suggest you turn on Discord option Diagnostic Audio Recording to get an audio recording of the microphone
The audio recording can be analysed to determine source of noise in Audacity (or other audio tools)

If another test recording is made with a different package it can be compared to the Discord recording to confirm if the audio problem is systemic or only occurs in Discord