Confusion about installing proprietary Nvidia Drivers in Manjaro

I’m new to linux. I just installed Manjaro KDE. I have an Nvidia GeForce 1650. I want to know the correct way to install the nvidia drivers in manjaro. I’m aware that there is a Hardware Detection utility built into Manjaro, but I also see many online guides about disabling nouveau drivers after installing nvidia drivers. What’s the correct way actually? Do I need to disable nouveau or the Hardware Detection utility will do it for me automatically? I don’t want any sort of open source drivers, I want my gpu drivers to works. Let me point out the things I want to know.

• How to see which gpu drivers am I currently using?

• How to install nvidia drivers and use that nvidia drivers only all over the system all the time? No hybrid gpu thingy, liking switching between open source & nvidia drivers depending on what I’m doing.

Thank you for spending the time to read my problem & trying to help :heart:

Do you have any actual problems - beyond theoretical … ?
There are many, many threads here that deal with resolving … problems
regarding Nvidia drivers

… I cannot answer your two questions …

A good starting place for information Configure Graphics Cards - Manjaro

2 Likes

Yes I mean I can see without nvidia drivers many things aren’t smooth. KDE has 0 animations. Many things are glitching out also. :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks for the article! :heart: Really helped a lot.

Are those guides relevant to Manjaro?

There are a lot of Linux distributions, and such guides are usually oriented towards specific distributions; that can be confusing.