Instructions to expand main partition on MBR

So I have an SSD using the old MBR format and I want to expand my main partition to include a new drive. I’ve read that MBR has several limitations pertaining to the max number of partitions and how they are arranged, and in my own case there happens to be 2.6 MB of disk alignment empty space located just after my main partition on my old drive. What are the exact procedures if I want to expand my home partition in such a situation?

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. the output to:

parted --list

would be helpful as well.

:+1:

Solved already here:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.