Installing recommendation for manjaro

Ohhk🤯.
How to do it and also recommended settings for it?

You don’t even have to configure any Settings! You just have to install it and done! You will notice a drastic difference on heat and battery consumption eith almost no compromise on performance

1 Like

Well, this is the homepage TLP - Optimize Linux Laptop Battery Life — TLP 1.3.1 documentation just follow the instructions here. Just dont do anything under the thinkpad category, and Don’t bother with the radio and wifi stuff. If u have any problems, ask them here

1 Like

Thanks brother :grinning:. You guys are really nice.

1 Like

That’s also what I felt when I joined this community… :blush:

1 Like

Yup😀
Though I joined the forum many months ago, I was frustrated with the kde installation and hence couldn’t hold onto it for a longer run.
Many helped me with my problems too but I kne within I had messed it up. The main problem was with me tinkering with a stable setup and messing it up myself as a newbie. I have my lessons learn now and hence won’t touch the graphics drivers section. Maybe kde could also have been a problem since it’s a bit unstable with incurring freezes time to time por maybe my machine wouldn’t had been compatible with kde. XFCE works great for as now. Never had I saw firefox opening up so fast before due to my rugged up hdd :frowning: .
A bit strange but xfce is taking up more ram on idle compared to kde I had previously though xfce let’s my laptop stay much cooler and loads application faster.

1 Like

Yes, a long time ago kde used to use over 2gigs of ram, but today plasma (kde got renamed) uses about 400mb. While xfce uses 500-600mb. That could make you think that kde is lighter but you’ll see that xfce has much better performance when running multiple apps and stuff. It is much much faster than kde if your machine is old or weak, so no, xfce is lighter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.