Lost keyboard shortcuts

Hello everyone,

I did a fresh install of Manjaro xfce about a week ago and was trying to configure it in a way that was confortable for me, and then I did it: I reset the keyboard shortcuts to default (the one under Applications -> Settings -> Keyboard).

I did not expect what happenend, but I lost the functionality of the super-key and lots of useful keyboard shortcuts.

Some searching brought me to this reply on the forum:

and it seemed to be my exact issue, so I ran the command:

cp /etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml

But my keyboard shortcuts remains the same and the superkey still does not work.

Is there a way to restore the lost functionality?

Thank you!

Hello,

If i recall correctly, you have to reboot the system or log out and back in after you copy the file, but other than that i’m not sure what the issue would be. A way would be to copy the file from our repo if somehow also the file in /etc/skel got corrupted on your end or simply reinstall manjaro-xfce-minimal-settings … but make sure you have a fully updated system.

sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu manjaro-xfce-minimal-settings

then try again the copy part. :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.