Installing Manjaro from SD to eMMC in Pinebook

Hi folks,

I broke my system and try to reinstall 20.08 to my new PBP.

I allready install Manjaro 20.08. to a SD Card and the system is running well. Can anyone tell me the dd command to flash the eMMC inside the book, that i can remove the SD card?

This one was the solution:

appelgriebsch

1. boot from microSD
  2. open up a terminal
  3. go to the folder holding your downloaded image file
  4. get root via sudo su -
  5. run xzcat Manjaro-ARM-sway-pbpro-20.08.img.xz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk2 bs=1M status=progress conv=fsync to flash it to eMMC
  6. after it’s done reboot the pbpro and follow the initial setup wizard steps
2 Likes

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This is the method that worked for me, using the official manjaro-arm-flasher tool. In your case, start from step 3.

There is 1 possible “gotcha”, be aware
If you are going to use the SD as a recovery, you will have identical labels,
this is not good (sudo blkid, lsblk)
So, change one (emmc or SD), make self documenting (old-label-SD or -emmc)
e2label, dosfslabel, and change fstab and extlinux too
dosfslabel has 11 char limit

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.