Installing Game Engine

Hello,

Could you instruct me in installing several game engines to tryout? I would like to use wicked game engine, as well as flax, Lumix, and essential. I suppose if you could instruct me in one game engine the same could apply to every other one.

Peace, and many thanks,

Damian

The only one of those available in Manjaro — albeit only via the AUR — is flax.

pamac build flax

The other ones you mention are neither in the repositories nor in the AUR — or not by those names anyway.

Also please note that while Manjaro does have limited support for gaming via steam and lutris, if you are a die-hard gamer, then you are better off sticking to the platform that those games were natively developed for.

Being based on Arch, Manjaro is a very technical distribution, albeit with a user-friendly installer and some user-friendly tools that Arch proper does not carry or does not install by default. In addition to that, GNU/Linux in and of itself was not designed for running that sort of games, and you are bound to run into trouble running non-native games on it.

Wicked Engine is available through Steam; seemingly natively and supposedly via Proton:

For Flax there’s at least a demo which may or may not help. Windows/Proton:

I expect that at least as to Wicked Engine this Steam route would be the easiest route to entry. API documentation on GitHub; WickedEngine/Content/Documentation at master · turanszkij/WickedEngine · GitHub