Error while upgrading

Hi Team,

Facing an error while updating the packages

(769/769) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                          [########################################################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/.travis.yml exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/LICENSE exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/README.md exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/defaults.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/index.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/.bin/network-address exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/inherits/LICENSE exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/inherits/README.md exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/inherits/inherits.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/inherits/inherits_browser.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/inherits/package.json exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/README.md exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/index.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/package.json exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/tests/index.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/tests/test-match-negative.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/tests/test-match-positive.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/tests/test-match-strict.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/tests/test-match.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/murl/tests/test-replace.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/network-address/README.md exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/network-address/cli.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/network-address/index.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/network-address/package.json exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/README.md exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/example.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/index.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/package.json exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/tests/index.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/tests/test-connect-compatible.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/tests/test-double-mixin.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/tests/test-getters-and-setters.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/tests/test-no-leaks.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/tests/test-prototypical.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/tests/test-simple-request.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/node_modules/protein/tests/test-simple-response.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/package.json exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/index.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-body-parsers.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-errors.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-flow-control.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-fork.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-match.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-matches.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-multi-listen.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-plugins.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-random-port-cluster.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-random-port.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-rewrite.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-route-app.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-route.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-routes.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-sub-app-route.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
/usr/lib/node_modules/root/tests/test-urls.js exists in both 'bagbak' and 'brosec'
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Hi,

If using pamac update ?

what happens if you run:
sudo pacman -Syyu --overwrite '*'

2 Likes

Interestingly, I can find neither bagbak nor brosec package even in AUR. How do you get it installed in the first place? I expect this is provided only by BlackArch repository, to which you should direct your question to.

1 Like

Thanks @bogdancovaciu it worked!

@leledumbo yes I am having blackarch repo added to my manjaro installation.

--overwrite '*' will work, until next update, as long as there’s still package contents conflict between the two. I still suggest reporting it to BlackArch maintainer.

1 Like

bad idea, but is up to you …

Works fine for me… I have been using manjaro past few years, recently had to install few pentesting based packages. I didnt wanted to take pain to do a clean install and migrate each and everything.
So switched to unstable repo of manjaro and added blackarch repo as well. Working fine till now.

@leledumbo yes i have updated blackarch team as well.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.