Installer doesn't work

Hi,

today I tried to install the latest build of Manjaro LxQT.

I put it on an USB drive and booted it.
All fine.

I went through the install dialouge and finished… an it happend nothing.
The window closes… nothing more.

If I try it with commandline I can’t start calamares

KDSingleApplicationGuard: Could neither create nor attach to shared memory segment.
    QSharedMemomry::create() failed: QSharedMemoryPrivate::initKey: Es kann kein Schlüssel für die Sperrung gesetzt werdenQSharedMemomry::attach() failed: QSharedMemoryPrivate::initKey: Es kann kein Schlüssel für die Sperrung gesetzt werden

KDSingleApplicationGuard::instances: need to be operational to report on other instances
    Calamares is already running, shutting down`

or try it with calamares_polkit (don't know the difference) it starts and shows this
        `    calamares_polkit 
            QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
            QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
            12:43:52 [0]: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
            12:43:52 [0]: QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread
            /usr/bin/calamares_polkit: Zeile 6:  5817 Speicherzugriffsfehler  (Speicherabzug geschrieben) pkexec --disable-internal-agent "/usr/bin/calamares" "$@"

Which ISO did you use ?

Have you verified the ISO is complete ? Checksum match

1 Like

No I don’t checked the file. That was dumb I know, sorry. I downloaded manjaro-lxqt-20.2.1-210130-linux59.iso.
I removed the diskdrive with the file… but I want to know, and insert the disk to another computer to check the file.
To cut a long story short, the checksum is ok.
a418307f7cb6fec19aadc142bea680d34c054c26

In the meantime I downloaded the old build of Manjaro LxQt. It installs fine.

Maybe someone should take a look at the installer of the last build?

Just tested the ISO in question - no problems found.

Strange…
maybe an error on writing the USB drive :man_shrugging:

Thanks for help and take a look at it!