Installation with Manjaro-Architect ISO

That might make sense. And would be a easy starting point.

Btw, this might sound strange/hilarious considering the conversation thusfar… But what does one do with a lamp stack? What is the common use case for it? Only thing I know is that it is a prerequisite for nextcloud.

General web server. A great number of websites in the world run on apache (or full LAMP). Really only need apache for a site but php and mysql add functionality for web based things like nextcloud, forums, mailers, and a whole huge list of things.

Aah. So it is for hosting websites?

for intranet, for dev, if you want test your web site before upload …

Performance vs Apache
Nginx was written with an explicit goal of outperforming the Apache web server. Out of the box, serving static files, Nginx uses dramatically less memory than Apache, and can handle roughly four times more requests per second.

curl -sI | grep server
server: nginx

This is a very easy to way install manjaro. In the original post it was mentioned that it can be used to install Arch. How?

Not anymore. Originally I maintained the two scripts, one to install arch and one to install manjaro. However, the differences quickly became so big that it was not possible to maintain both of them:

• different kernels
  • different method of installing drivers
  • different base group
  • different desktop installation

If you want to install arch, use the original architect instead:

Copy aif to /usr/bin/aif and set it as executable with

sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/aif

Then copy all/relevant translations to /aif-dev-master/

Then you can run command

sudo aif 

To install with architect. The important thing is to set mirrors right with the installer. If you run it from manjaro, remember to restore your manjaro mirrors. Otherwise you transform your system to unholy and unsupported manjaro/arch hybrid.

Then I will try it later. Right now I am using manjaro-unstable anyway. This will need some time to figure out.

BTW, is there ever gonna be a Community release installation of “m-a” the ISO ?
I’ve used m-a several times awhile back and it seemed ready for normal community use, -but with a detailed description/use/explanation required, especially, for new Users. -just so they know.

As far as LAMP, Server and any other “server” blends, then that should be a testing. separate dev “m-a” away-from, and not to be confused-with, the “Community” offering.

Since Manjaro-Openrc is more-or-less moving to Artix, “m-a” should be able to focus on a stable/simpler, managaeable “Community” iso offering, right from the Manjaro download page. -I mean why not, what’s holding this back now ?

? There has been manjaro-architect iso since maybe january if that’s what your asking. + many community editions also include the installer.

Personally I feel that with 0.9 release (just hit the unstable repos), m-a should be ready to be deployed on official isos. The only thing I feel unsure about is that the chroot option is dirty.

I know exactly what I’m asking:
and I still don’t see it ^there^ yet.

But, if I misunderstood how you really want it to be offered?, then fine, that’s ok too.

It’s with the official ones.

I actually just wanted to put it on bspwm iso to avoid the qt dependency of calamares. The rest kind of came as side effect :slightly_smiling_face:

holy fuk, please accept my sincere apologies, since it’s now offered in Manjaro (Downloads) right under 'Current Releases".
Lol, I admit, it’s been awhile since I tested “m-a”.

I was kind of surprised too when I found it there. But manjaro-architect has become the official manjaro CLI-installer. Which also means that I kinda need to uphold a certain level of stability I guess…

That’s ok.
a “doh” moment is offered to everyone free of charge, atleast once.
(notice how I’m trying to bow out gracefully now?).

That one I agree with wholeheartedly.

Updated for latest installer version manjaro-architect 0.9.2 :slight_smile:

A few comments:

• you could mention the intended use of refresh pacman keys option. That is, if your install media is old and you get pacman keys error on installation step, choose this.
  • bspwm edition provides an aur helper but not base-devel
  • maybe we could also make uefi example? It would be just expansion of bootloader section and mount section:
    • don’t format esp if you are multibooting
    • choose /boot/efi for mount point unless you are using systemd-boot (or encrypted /boot with refind)
    • if you don’t know which bootloader to choose, choose grub.

I didn’t know the tutorial includes images and I found out when I tried to print it to pdf.
Is there anybody else who can’t see them?

Edit: They are uploaded on imgur that is filtered in my country.

I can count 4 images (whatever they are) without seeing them.

Yes, I don’t speak about them. There are 10 images and the last one is desktop screenshot.