Installation on UEFI system with Graphical Installer

I am new to manjaro and have installed it onto a virtual guest machine for evaluation purposes. I have since found that it meets all my requirements and am so impressed with it I am now considering installing it on my host machine.I created a USB manjaro 21.1.6 startup drive and I read the Manjaro User Guide on it which it covers a UEFI installation and states that you must disable secure boot to install manjaro and since its not possible to actually disable secure boot in the bios, which makes sense since it would defeat the object of secure boot and so therefore when it says disable secure boot I take it that what it actually means is to install and use manjaro you have to switch the bios into legacy mode permanently, because when attempting to boot the USB installer in UEFI mode with UEFI secure boot enabled I hit a stop screen with the error “Security Boot Failure”?

i have the possibility to turn off secure boot in my Bios and install in UEFi.

With my bios its not possible to diisable the secure boot setting. As I said, it seems that the only option available to me is to switch to Legacy mode. I only ask this question because I can install some other linux distros like debian based distros, for example, with UEFI secure boot enabled, in which case the USB installer boots and the installer has an option for UEFI mode to enter my secure boot credentials and when my machine reboots after install, I only have to register my secure boot password, its as siimple as that and I was expecting the same behaviour with the Manjaro installer.

ArchLinux and therefore also Manjaro does not support Secure Boot. It is possible: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface/Secure Boot - ArchWiki, but it is not a one click and forget solution. There is no effort to solve this for a number of reasons…

However, if you want to install Manjaro, then you have to disable secure boot. Maybe upgrade your UEFI and see if you can disable secure boot then (some providers locked it and only an UEFI upgrade solved it later).

I see. I didnt know what the Arch-Linux approach was to this problem, despite spending days looking for answers, hence the reason for the question. I only know that debian based distros install on UEFI with SB enabled and I thought the solution would be linux -wide. I read an arch-linux discussion about this topic which was submitted back in 2017
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/53864
My system is relatively new in which case the comments in the above report:
“… 99% of computers are sold with SB enabled by default), W10 certification requirements dropped the “can be disabled” criteria”
which applies in my case. It seems there maybe a solution in the pipeline fo arch-linux, so looks like I’d have to wait for it to be implemented, because there is no firmware update for my system that will allow secure boot to be disabled, but since I am determined to install Manjaro I’ll follow the instructions in the link you posted, this is what Ive been searching for, but I had yet to find. So I guess since there is no other solution to date I’ll have to accept it as the solution.