Installation Failed: rsync failed with error code 11

Yes. It looks like this (example from online source):

Selecting “Windows 10” essentially points your system to Windows’ EFI loaders, at which point Grub has nothing to do with it anymore.

You have to make sure to re-enable the “os-prober” feature of Grub, which has been disabled by default on recent Grub versions.

Do you mean EFI partition? There’s some confusions in terminology, but if you’re referring to the EFI partition, then yes, you can intentionally select your FAT32 nvme0n1p2 partition as your EFI partition.

The installer will dump Manjaro’s own EFI loaders in a new folder named “manjaro” which will live in harmony with the others. (Well, so far they’ve been peaceful with each other after several years.) :grin: [1]

Here’s the contents of what lives inside my one and only FAT32 EFI partition:

[1] There have been reports of Windows removing other non-Microsoft loaders from the EFI partition in which its own loader lives, but I have never experienced that. I’ve been through many, many updates, and have even upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, and still nothing happened to my other loaders on the same EFI partition. Maybe I’m lucky? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well considering I had mine separate (I think) and a motherboard driver update on Windows spawned all this, I’m guessing it was some unique combination of me following guides that were close-but-not-perfectly my setup and that caused some critical failure?

Looking like I’m going to have to just wipe my drives and fresh install both OS, thank you. still at a loss for what the actual pathology of my currently broken machine was, but I guess it’s time to cut the Gordian knot instead of fruitlessly attempt to untangle it

Install Windows first, always.

So I followed the guide and did the extra grub booting steps because initially it was booting to windows even after I ran the

bcdedit set {bootmgr} path \EFI\manjaro\grubx64.efi

So I followed the suggest guide by gohlip found here. It says that all UEFI systems should do the following additional commands after the previous steps had been done:

sudo cp /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/core.efi /boot/efi/EFI/boot/bootx64.efi
sudo efibootmgr -c -d /dev/sda -p 1 -L "manjaro" -l "\EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi"

Which I faithfully did, but it returns a flag from efibootmgr that there was already a boot entry with the same label:

efibootmgr: ** Warning ** : Boot0004 has same label manjaro
BootCurrent: 0001
Timeout: 1 seconds
BootOrder: 0005,0004,0000,0003,0001,0002
Boot0000* Windows Boot Manager
Boot0001* UEFI: KingstonDataTraveler 3.0PMAP
Boot0002* UEFI: KingstonDataTraveler 3.0PMAP, Partition 2
Boot0003* Windows Boot Manager
Boot0004* manjaro
Boot0005* manjaro

So it looks like I added a superfluous manjaro grub configuration to the EFI partition and now there’s two of them, correct? What is the best command to undo that and return it to just 1 manjaro boot config in the FAT32 partition (if that’s what happened)?

Well my clonezilla partition restore didn’t work and now my computer won’t boot. I’m fed up. I’m going to just clean install both OS-s (for the third time in 48 hours) and next time this happens I’m probably done with dual booting. Supposedly this is easy but every time I have it setup how I like, it lasts no more than 4 months before significant system issues occur

I had the same ’ rsync failed with error code 11’ problem when i tried to install Manjaro in Virtual Box. Everything installed fine after i created a bigger virtual disk. I followed this guide Rsync error code 11 - How we fix it? that says the cause is usually a full disk. Probably a bit late for blp92, but maybe someone else gets the same problem.