Install without /boot encryption - working with KDE version but not with GNOME version

Hello,
I am facing the following problem. I want to install Manjaro without encrypting /boot partition. This is related to https://github.com/calamares/calamares/issues/1311. I am testing this with the Boxes VM and use the images manjaro-gnome-21.2.3-220205-linux515.iso and manjaro-kde-21.2.3-220205-linux515.iso.
I setup the partitions like described in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayM3PTnuOCQ:
/boot/efi FAT32 with boot flag
/boot ext4
/ LUKS

The result is:

• It is working with the KDE version
  • the GNOME installation is failing with the following error:
    Command mkinitcpio finished with exit code 1.
    Output:
    ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux515.preset: ‘default’
    → -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.15-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.15-x86_64.img
    ==> Starting build: 5.15.19-1-MANJARO
    → Running build hook: [base]
    → Running build hook: [udev]
    → Running build hook: [autodetect]
    → Running build hook: [modconf]
    → Running build hook: [block]
    → Running build hook: [keyboard]
    → Running build hook: [keymap]
    → Running build hook: [consolefont]
    ==> WARNING: consolefont: no font found in configuration
    → Running build hook: [plymouth]
    → Running build hook: [plymouth-encrypt]
    ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qat_4xxx
    ==> ERROR: file not found: /usr/share/fonts/cantarell/Cantarell-Thin.otf' ==> ERROR: file not found: /usr/share/fonts/cantarell/Cantarell-Regular.otf’
    → Running build hook: [filesystems]
    → Running build hook: [fsck]
    ==> Generating module dependencies
    ==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-5.15-x86_64.img
    ==> WARNING: errors were encountered during the build. The image may not be complete.
    ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux515.preset: ‘fallback’
    → -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.15-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.15-x86_64-fallback.img -S autodetect
    ==> Starting build: 5.15.19-1-MANJARO
    → Running build hook: [udev]
    → Running build hook: [modconf]
    → Running build hook: [block]
    ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qed
    ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qla1280
    ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qla2xxx
    ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: bfa
    → Running build hook: [keyboard]
    → Running build hook: [keymap]
    → Running build hook: [consolefont]
    ==> WARNING: consolefont: no font found in configuration
    → Running build hook: [plymouth]
    → Running build hook: [plymouth-encrypt]
    ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qat_4xxx
    ==> ERROR: file not found: /usr/share/fonts/cantarell/Cantarell-Thin.otf' ==> ERROR: file not found: /usr/share/fonts/cantarell/Cantarell-Regular.otf’
    → Running build hook: [filesystems]
    → Running build hook: [fsck]
    ==> Generating module dependencies
    ==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-5.15-x86_64-fallback.img
    ==> WARNING: errors were encountered during the build. The image may not be complete.

That looks strange to me - filesystem error?

Do you mean my file system or the iso file system? I was actually trying this first with manjaro-gnome-21.2.2-220123-linux515.iso => error below
I was thinking that I am trying something that is not supported but was surprised when it worked without issues with the KDE iso.

Error:
External command finished with errors.
Command mkinitcpio finished with exit code 1.
Output:
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux515.preset: ‘default’
→ -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.15-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.15-x86_64.img
==> Starting build: 5.15.16-1-MANJARO
==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-5.15-x86_64-fallback.img

The problem was now also reported here https://gitlab.manjaro.org/applications/calamares/-/issues/58. I can confirm what was stated there: the problem is only with the Manjaro GNOME full version. The Manjaro GNOME minimal version is working.