Install many packages with yay skips packages

I’m trying to install a list of packages with

yay -S --noconfirm --needed - < pkglist

but some packages haven’t installed even though I didn’t get any errors. So I had to install those packages manually.

Why did this happen?

1.) … example? (from your package list that didn’t get fully applied)
2.) yay has got no --noconfirm option
at least not when one looks at the current manual page
it might have had it in the past though - I don’t know

Your guess is as good as ours at this point. Please upload both your pkglist and your output from running your command to a pastebin service instead and link it here.

Yay inherits most Pacman operations including that one:

❯ yay -S --help | grep noconfirm
      --noconfirm      do not ask for any confirmation

You’re right, it’s not in the man page for some reason.

Probably because you already have them installed.

I would assume not, as he said he had to install them manually.

Right. I’m too lazy to read the whole post apparently. :man_shrugging:

Here is the pkglist. For now I had to install manually nerd-fonts-source-code-pro, tagspaces-bin and supertag-appimage. Even though most have installed correctly there are many that haven’t installed and I haven’t checked them all yet.

Two things:

It doesn’t look like you synced your local package database first. Unless you ran
$ yay -Syy [other options]
just moments before, yay/pacman could have tried to download outdated packages in some cases.

Take a look at /var/log/pacman.log to double-check for error messages during this install. Install errors don’t always stop the whole process, so you may not have seen them on the command line once it was done. They could give you clues as to whether this or other problems arose that yay/pacman could not resolve without manual intervention.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.