Install Manjaro (or Arch) in linux container on Chromebook

For Professional reasons i got an Acer Chromebook Spin 512 (for teaching online) - which generally for that pupose is ok (it’s fine to have built in wacom support on the touchscreen).

Now, i tried to activate the (built-in) linux container, which is debian). But i’m unhappy with - so looked for an option to install manjaro (architect) on it, but the only reasonable instruction i found was this one, related to Arch: Chrome OS devices/Crostini - ArchWiki

I thought that might be a good starting point to go on then to manjaro. But i have a problem:
When it comes to install the wayland related utilities by
systemctl --user enable --now sommelier@0 sommelier-x@0 sommelier@1 sommelier-x@1
the services do not start.

$ systemctl --user status sommelier@0
$ systemctl --user status sommelier@1
$ systemctl --user status sommelier-x@0
$ systemctl --user status sommelier-x@1

all give failures like this:

Feb 03 19:38:09 arch systemd[59]: sommelier@1.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Feb 03 19:38:09 arch systemd[59]: Stopped Parent sommelier listening on socket wayland-1.
Feb 03 19:38:09 arch systemd[59]: sommelier@1.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 03 19:38:09 arch systemd[59]: sommelier@1.service: Failed with result 'protocol'.
Feb 03 19:38:09 arch systemd[59]: Failed to start Parent sommelier listening on socket wayland-1.

Now, anyone has - eventually - an idea in regard. Or, an alternative idea how to get manjaro into this beast?

Just in advance: I would not like the idea to install into the existing (debian) container/virtual machine a secondary vm to install there in something. On the other hand: I’m well aware that this not a real urgent problem for the manjaro comunity. But, anyway, may be someone out there has an idea.

Thanks a lot in advance for your patience!

1 Like

In the meantime i checked a bit more: May be the Arch Wiki instructions could be used if there was somewhere a lxc container ready image of manjaro architect?

Does there somewhere exist such thing?