Install Linux alongside windows

I want to install Linux alongside Windows and my Device is UEFI and i have gpt disk , i want to install it manually to create swap and home partition and i already have efi partition by windows so should i mount it to /boot/efi or install linux without editing it and if i shoud edit it , after that if i decided to uninstall linux should i canel the mount of the efi partition or Leave it as it is .
because some people mount it and some people install without doing this step

Yes.

You can manually delete the Manjaro files from the ESP as long as you don’t delete the entire ESP partition, because if you do that, Windows won’t boot any more. :wink:

It’s possible to have multiple ESPs on multiple disks, but then you’ll need to go to the UEFI screen to change boot devices. If you only have one disk, trying to create multiple ESPs leads to pain and sorrow problems.

:wink:

You’re smart! You restore or manually delete individual files! Some people delete the entire partition, and guess what? Then Windows doesn’t boot any more…

:grin:

That’s indeed another question so you should create a new topic for that one as:

• We don’t charge more if you create more topics. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Your original question has been answered.

• So, I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

Install Linux alongside windows - #2 by Fabby

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.