install fails on Lenovo X1 Carbon

Hi,

I have a brand new Lenovo X1 Carbon Thinkpad. I tried to install Manjaro with this image "manjaro-cinnamon-18.0.4-stable-x86_64.iso" but it fails. The image is burned on DVD and loaded from an external USB DVD device. I did the same installation approach 2 weeks ago with the same DVD on a Tuxedo laptop without issue.

On the Thinkpad I see the boot screen from the DVD, I can select language, keyboard etc. But when I execute the boot, the DVD starts to spin, the screen goes black. It spins for a few seconds, then stops and the following message appears:

This tells me that some linux stuff got excuted from the DVD. But somehow it stops. Any idea what that is?

Why not using a USB drive instead of a DVD? Basically, the DVD drive looses the connection to the Thinkpad (which might have software or hardware reasons).

1 Like

Ist denn schon Sommer? :wink:
Das Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen7 soll im Sommer 2019 verfügbar sein.

"Brandneu" heißt ja nicht "letzte Generation" sondern eher "gerade aus dem Laden angekommen". :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gerade aus China gekommen. Ich hatte direkt bei Lenovo bestellt, weil ich ein anderes Display konfiguriert habe. Am 4. Mai aus China losgeschickt, am 7. Mai in Köln und seitdem im Zoll. :wink:
Heute ist er dann endlich angekommen.

1 Like

That was indeed the solution. Although the first USB stick dint work either. But the second did it.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Was denn nun genau? :wink:
G6 oder G7? :slight_smile:
Erfahrungsbericht dann am WE :wink: , danke :slight_smile:

Noch das Model 2018, also G6. Mit dem farbechten Display - 35,6 cm (14") WQHD (2.560 x 1.440), IPS, entspiegelt, 300 cd/m².

Funktioniert jetzt schon super. Funktionstasten gehen direkt während der Installation schon. Und das Display ist super. Die Tastatur auch. Ich bin begeistert.

1 Like