Sometimes PC doesn't wake up from sleep

Hello,

I’m running Manjaro with KDE. I have my computer set to go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity.

However, randomly, say 1 out of 30 times when I go to wake up my computer, the PC’s power led comes on…and that’s it.

The monitor, keyboard, none of the peripherals wake up. My only solution is to kill power from the wall and then restart.

I don’t even know how to diagnose this issue because after restarting, I lose all my logs.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Thank you

Hello, switch to kernel 5.4 LTS. Also there is the search option and the instructions what to include in your posts when posting.

Seems there is a handy utility you can use to provide useful info called " Manjaro Log Helper (automated log generator GUI)"

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

1. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

2. Try setting it to hibernate and then you’ll still have some logs to share…

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU you have, …