Include-what-you-use update stopping system upgrade

When trying to upgrade my system with:
sudo pacman -Syu

I am not able to because of the error:
installing clang (15.0.7-2) breaks dependency 'clange<15.0' required by include-what-you-use

If I try to update include-what-you-use with yay, I run into the same problem, but then it also says:
installing clang (15.0.7-2) breaks dependency 'clange=14.0.6' required by shiboken6

Any ideas on things to try to perform a system update and skip these packages (or to remedy this problem somehow)?

Unfortunately, the browser on my machine isn’t working so I can’t post system info. I’m hoping that a system update would fix this problem :slight_smile:

The best thing to do right now is temporarily removing include-what-you-use, update your system packages, reboot then worry about AUR packages later. Maybe IWYU 0.20 is compatible with Clang >=15, but you’ll have to wait until the AUR package maintainer updates it.

According to the comments on the AUR, it is explicitly not compatibile with clang >= 15, and won’t be updated until it is rewritten for compatibility.

Well, maybe try clang14 in the extra repo or include-what-you-use-clang13-git in the AUR.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.