Illyria Wallpaper Contest

artwork
wallpaper
contest

Then we have to cut off the side edges. I think thats not too dramatically.

0 Likes

Ok. done. :japanese_ogre: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

By the way personally I find this one really great. Have it on my personal Desktop PC as well as on my work machine.

5 Likes

yeah totally
i even have it on my phone

1 Like

Me too :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I like this one, but keep the drop shadow consistent to the light source (hence drop).:grinning:

0 Likes

It’s only consistent if you assume the object is completely parallel to the surface it casts its shadow on. But that’s boring :grin:. Here one end is touching the surface while the other end is a little above it.

2 Likes

Was also my first thought :wink:
but it’s art, not nature.

Think of the cleaning woman in the museum: “Is that art or can it go away” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Try it with a piece of paper. Hold one end of it down on the table and lift the other end a little.

But feedback and suggestions are always welcome. I can change it if no-one likes it.

2 Likes

Nowadays everybody understands me,
I like your work :slight_smile:

I just liked that I sometimes have shadows that don’t fit but if it looks good it doesn’t matter. :slight_smile:

Like this :wink:

0 Likes

Well, actually to me it does matter :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah true.

0 Likes

Yeah true, I was looking at it as a track or stripe also, so it doesn’t have to be a drop shadow. It is still good though.:sunglasses:

0 Likes

I wasn’t going for a “makes no sense abstract”. They are drop shadows. This is (more or less) how it looks in real life in diffuse light.

0 Likes

For now we already have a nice package, full of some quite extraordinary backgrounds:
Check out manjaro-wallpapers-18.0 !

20 Likes

I Love Manajaro Openbox wallpaper

0 Likes

here’s my take on an i3 wallpaper, quite basic, but i like @oberon’s color setup
inspired by @muser

15 Likes

Marvelous May (2018) Screenshots

Lovely! :+1:

1 Like

It’s going to the artwork-i3 package :slight_smile:

1 Like

awesome thanks lots

0 Likes