Illyria Wallpaper Contest

artwork
wallpaper
contest

Better perspective right there (to the “logo on the floor”), and better color choices :smiley:
Here is an idea of GLASS LOOK That i might change to have indeed a real perspective and integrate better the logo.

2 Likes

I like all of these. I must say that I prefer the logo to be in the bottom corners so that it isn’t so distracting when looking at applications in gnome. I realize it varies depending on the different DE. Watching this closely.

0 Likes

Fake icons to distract from the real ones - nice! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha … sort of. Probably would be cool to have the image of many icons at a bigger size, so whatever real icon is there to overlap, and place them randomly …
Last night i forgot to put the lint to this one a bit darker but more simple, and this light one even simpler …

1 Like

9 Likes

@hanny wrong (old) logo.

1 Like

I like the the original 2d and this last light one.
But I would only colour the positive/neutral icons, and to maia, but that’s just an idea.
The title “play” gave me an idea, though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“no pause, no stop, no work, just play”

7 Likes

@muser maybe something like that? Could do this also with the other image.

17 Likes

@trashing88 Yes, nice. Reason is that now the login dialogue window wouldn’t cover the logo.

Since the whole image is shades of maia, maybe the logo would be better in white or light grey. Not sure, I’ll leave this up to you.

A question, though. Have you typed the ‘manjaro’ text or you copy-pasted and recoloured it? If the latter, I suggest typing it in (Comfortaa Bold), as you will get smoother edges that way.

1 Like

Oh yes…mh.

0 Likes

Thanks for your advice. I copied the logo and text from the official manjaro artwork github.

You‘re right I will redo this to get sharper edges and maybe I‘ll do one with white logo and text. Will post this soon here, so stay tuned :wink:

0 Likes

Here is a screenshot of the upcoming XFCE edition. Now we only need the right wallpaper …

5 Likes

16 Likes

Here is the new one, with the new LOGO

5 Likes

Would you consider something like this a right direction?

(this is just a low-res beta, hence the choppy edges)

11 Likes

I hope I don’t come across as a nitpicking know-it-all, but I must point out that the new logo is completely square. You can find it in /usr/share/icons/manjaro/

1 Like

:wink: freedom of art, artistic licence(BE) :wink:
künstlerische Freiheit.
I like the blue, without the green and violet points and square logo without orange circle it would be perfekt for me. I use 4 desktop, and like to change the background after some hours.

7 Likes

how many shades of grey did you use? joking of course :slight_smile:

very nice, hope to see the hi-res final version soon

0 Likes

is there an svg of the logo anywhere?

0 Likes