Illyria Wallpaper Contest

artwork
wallpaper
contest

You‘re right this could look awesome.

0 Likes

Deepin (love to [Kili-]) manjaro :wink: or deepin (soft use) manjaro
I know, my english is bad :slight_smile: , sorry.

9 Likes

Going green all the way :slight_smile:

Edit:
More neutral this one and more squared with no pattern but a bit of effect …

4 Likes

I think the third would make a better lock/login screen, just with the logo put somewhere around the bottom left or right corner. @trashing88 may I ask what technique you used here?

1 Like

Something for the Breath theme (but looks fine on others too)

3 Likes

@bogdancovaciu If you like the “kids left all they toys around again”-look, try this :grin:

1 Like

Hehehe … Awesome! It seems i didn’t saw all your wallpapers, but if i look, the more i like them and then i will not make anymore when i have 15 minutes of spare time. You mostly covered everything already :grin:

0 Likes

Noooo. My aim is is to inspire, not intimidate :grin:

0 Likes

Hahaha … has nothing to do with that. I’m practical, so if someone already did something, i look for making something else :smiley:

0 Likes

I didn’t necessarily mean it literally, I used it for the alliteration… :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

Since I am not so into the green themes, let alone the dark ones, I took the liberty of changing one of Bogdan’s wallpapers and turned it into one for the Breeze theme.
Green has been replaced by 3 shades of gray, and Manjaro and the logo are blue.

@bogdancovaciu If it’s a problem for you that I changed your creation I will delete the file immediately.

5 Likes

I like it, as long as the blue matches the theme/icon theme colours.

0 Likes

Is it the prosecution of “50 shades of grey”?

0 Likes

What is the right shade of blue for Manjaro? Is there one?

0 Likes

I don’t know if there is a “right” shade, but considering that Adapta is now quite widely used, maybe the Adapta aqua blue (00bcd4).

0 Likes

Absolutely no problem. You can play with all the wallpapers from my folder, mix them, change colors … or if you have suggestions, then i will take care of changing them myself once i got a bit of time, and i will notify you.

1 Like

In the Breeze theme I found #3daee9 which is a soft blue color.
Now the logo looks like this:

9 Likes

Nice. Although the colour replacement is not an ideal technique here, because (as you can see) it tends to leave rough edges.

Suggestions:
-Desaturate the original before you use the colour replacement, that way you can eliminate the coloured dots along the edges of the big M. If you play with the lightness/levels a little, maybe colour replacement is not even necessary.
-Instead of colour replacement, remove the logo-text (it’s easy to do on a homogenous background like this), then re-add it yourself (it’s just a little typing and aligning).

Have fun! :grin:

0 Likes

I must admit, I was only waiting for others to submit their work so I can copy them :grin:
But I couldn’t resist.

17 Likes

Yeah, the third is actually the one I meant. I didn’t see the first.

1 Like