Illyria Wallpaper Contest

artwork
wallpaper
contest

Hi community,

the new development cycle of Manjaro v18.0 “Illyria” got kicked off. Therefore we are again open for new wallpapers and artwork from our community and artists. The wallpapers should match our Maia colours as usual. Be creative and be part of the new wallpapers installed by default on our next release series.

Wallpapers not getting in by default will be packed as optional wallpapers to be installed by the user.

The wallpapers and artwork should have a free license like Creative Commons and created by yourself. We will accept photographs, digital artwork and drawings. You can design it around the user interfaces based on our v18.0-alpha1 ISO medias we will release shortly.

15 Likes

Manjaro wallpapers by muser (vol. 2)
Deepin Wallpaper and more by SGS
Gnome edition suggestions
pinned globally #2
0 Likes

Download

3 Likes

??? Another asteroid?

0 Likes

Illyria was a region in the western part of the Balkan Peninsula inhabited by the Illyrians. (Wikipedia)

2 Likes

Also an interesting woman.

1 Like

Also have this one in even a higher resolution (4K, 8K).

22 Likes

@kmartin @LucyDemoon
Found it!

5 Likes

10 Likes

21 Likes

Something quick, Maia and Adapta colors:

If i find the time i will think to something more original …
Cheers!

20 Likes

the darkest version looks nice. it would make for a good login/grub backdrop

3 Likes

That one i like too because doesn’t have “heaviness” on my eyes. I use to put the same image everywhere (login, lock and as background), so i don’t see many transitions … even tho i separate after the background for other activities.

0 Likes

@bogdancovaciu: nice work so far.

Abstract works are also appreciated. Photographs don’t have to be re-coloured. They simply should suit our themes in style. Always think as a whole.

If someone however wants to design a whole new theme, this is also possible.

2 Likes

I prepared an Easter-basket containing 30 of my more recent wallpapers, including some exclusive tweaks and mods I made only for this submission.

You can also browse through all of my wallpapers and if you find something you like, feel free to use them.

9 Likes

@muser: as always great work mate!

2 Likes

Those made by @muser are great and i like them more then the ones i did. This morning while drinking the coffee i put a few more in another folder here (sorry is mediafire)
Or, you can browse trough all of them, old and new
Once i get more time i will play a bit more.
Cheers!

4 Likes

[Solved] I am looking for this Wallpaper

I’ve redone the Frozen Lake one without the green tint. It’s stored elsewhere because I’ve left it as PNG rather than compressing with JPG. Reason being if you want to use it as a wallpaper for the distribution you can then compress or resize it as you see fit to meet your own packaging requirements.

12 Likes

I downloaded those with a dog and the other with a cat. :dog: :cat:

@trashing88, your second could look good a login screen background.

2 Likes

They don‘t have to but I liked the idea :wink:

0 Likes