Iio-sensor-proxy without ambient light? (gnome)

Hi,

following ArchWiki on Yoga 900 I’ve installed iio-sensor-proxy to get rotation on screen enabled. This works well, but from what I understand (and what I can see) it also activates the “ambientlight” (screen’s back-light varies according to the ambient light).
I saw a gnome webpage on the package:
https://developer.gnome.org/iio-sensor-proxy/1.0/gdbus-net.hadess.SensorProxy.html#gdbus-method-net-hadess-SensorProxy.ClaimAccelerometer
I understand there are kind of functions that activate the ambient light but to be honest I do not know how to use them.

How could I have the movement detectors activated (so that my screen display can rotate according to my laptop orientation) without activating other stuff like ambient light?

I use Manjaro Gnome 3.30.2 on a Yoga C930.
Thank you.

From this wiki page, it looks like you can use the following commands to disable the automatic adjustment of the backlight:

Disable for current user:

dbus-launch gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power ambient-enabled false

Disable for the login screen (GDM):

sudo -u gdm dbus-launch gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power ambient-enabled false
1 Like

That’s perfect! Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by