AppImage can't find hicolor icon theme

Hello everyone! I’m trying to use an application called RizomUV for unwrapping 3d models, the appimage seems to work fine except for crashing everytime I try to open a new file, which seems to be caused by the application not finding the “default icon theme”:

(rizomuv:53132): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon 'inode-directory-symbolic'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
	http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases

(rizomuv:53132): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

(rizomuv:53132): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: No GSettings schemas are installed on the system
zsh: trace trap (core dumped)   

But hicolor themes are installed:

pamac search hicolor                                                          TRAP ✘  17m 21s  
hicolor-icon-theme  0.17-3 [Installed]                                                                   extra
    Freedesktop.org Hicolor icon theme

Is there anyway to solve this? I don’t have too much knowledge about Linux so I don’t know where to start to solve this.

AppImages are self-contained and containerized. If you want full functionality, then you have to use the regular version of that software.

Since it’s third-party, proprietary software, please contact RizomUV Technical Support.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.