If Arch disappeared....

NixOS

5 Likes

KaOS

No good reason, I just adore that name.

6 Likes

That and Qute(Qt) the KDE neon of linux. But the problem with that distro. It used pacman as it package manager. Saying it not really arch linux base. Which maybe true. So if there no such thing as Arch as will as it package manager. What other distro will you used?

2 Likes

Me too. I always enjoyed Siegfried, but he was so mean to Starker!

4 Likes

I thought KDE Neon was the KDE Neon of linux. :nerd_face:

KaOS with whatever package manager they adopt. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

For the lawl. What if they adopt: pisi
It is as bad as it sound. And it a real package manager. Solus adopt it. But change the name of it.

KaOS is just as up to date with the latest of version of KDE. But very heavy focus on Qt. There very little GTK app in there repo.

2 Likes

I'd love that. Pisi in Turkish means "kitten", and 'pisi' is an acronym for "Package Installed Successfully as Intended", and you have to admire that moxy.

5 Likes

If Arch disappeared, I would likely go with Debian unstable. Been months and then some since it was installed in VB and never once let me down. Been a rolling release it seems to be right up to date with Arch.

6 Likes

I hadn't really thought about it until now, but I'd consider giving Gentoo or Debian a try, or possibly build a Hackintosh.

4 Likes

Probably Fedora since I manage CentOS servers and VMs at work. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Debian testing.

2 Likes

I'd probably go with Debian sid, too. I'd give Fedora a try, as well (m'lady).

Linux is Linux, for the most part, the differences are in the details.

4 Likes

I love philosophy.

6 Likes

Void. I'd need to submit several missing packages to their repo, however.

5 Likes

I've only ever used Ubuntu and Manjaro, so I'd have to find out which of the following I like: Mint, Solus, Fedora, Debian.

2 Likes

I did check out Mageia for a bit after Mandrake/Mandriva went under. But ended up using other distros. Maybe check it again. Or go back to Linux Mint.

3 Likes

Mageia for the nice KDE integration and the guys behind it. Debian for the well filled repos and the support of different architectures.

2 Likes

maybe Linux Mint/Debian
for BSD i dont think im switched to BSD

2 Likes

I would need a nice spare pc and lots of time to get to speed with BSD. If I think how much time I have already spent with linux over the decades...

1 Like

I would try gentoo in that case.

3 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by