Illyria is approaching, and I was thinking it would be good to have a thread to discuss ideas for it.
Here are some of mine (in descending order of personal importance) :
- Use silent boot. Because we kill gdm when starting gnome, tty flashes for a while when logging in. With silent boot, this is would nonintrusive. It’s just some kernel parameters and doing fsck with a systemd service instead of initcpio hook: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/silent_boot
- Add gsconnect, not enabled but included in the full profile
- use system theme in gnome-terminal for better colors.
- consider using another theme or tweaking the current one. Adapta-maia uses sickly green in active fonts a bit too much.
- Disable animation for opening the overlay application menu from dock? Not sure about this one. IMHO the animation takes too long and is laggy on many systems.