Icons are rearranging themselves after each reboot

OK, try the following:

chown -R $USER:$USER ~/.kde

And

chown -R $USER:$USER ~/.config
[dio@DIO ~]$ chown -R $USER:$USER ~/.kde
chown: невозможно получить доступ к '/home/dio/.kde': Нет такого файла или каталога
[dio@DIO ~]$ sudo chown -R $USER:$USER ~/.kde
Положите указательный палец правой руки на считывающее устройство
chown: невозможно получить доступ к '/home/dio/.kde': Нет такого файла или каталога
[dio@DIO ~]$ chown -R $USER:$USER ~/.config
[dio@DIO ~]$ sudo chown -R $USER:$USER ~/.config
[dio@DIO ~]$ 

Can you try with 0600 or 0777 cause that’s what mine say:

chmod 0600 ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

Then create the directory and see what happens:

mkdir ~/.kde

0600 doesn’t work at all. 0777 works once, but the permission doesn’t change:

sudo stat ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
Положите указательный палец правой руки на считывающее устройство
  Файл: /home/dio/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
  Размер: 13843         Блоков: 32         Блок В/В: 4096   обычный файл
Device: 0,42    Inode: 713245      Links: 1
Доступ: (0777/-rwxrwxrwx)  Uid: ( 1000/     dio)   Gid: ( 1001/     dio)
Доступ:        2022-01-20 00:50:28.233333334 +1000
Модифицирован: 2022-01-20 00:50:28.233333334 +1000
Изменён:       2022-01-20 00:50:28.236666668 +1000
Создан:        2022-01-20 00:50:28.233333334 +1000

So, i’ve created this folder, rebooted, but nothing in ~/.kde :frowning:

It seems somehow your permissions were screwed around with. No, I don’t know how or why.

I do, however, think the best way to recover is create a new user, and copy all your files over.

Your last resort would be to make a backup and delete the original file as suggested by this reddit post. Plasma will restore the default config after reboot. Do know that this will remove your customizations and tweaks from desktop but no worries as we have made a backup:

mv ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc.bak
reboot

I’ve discovered that on new user with the same theme settings the same issue. Seems like it is a them issue?:confused:

It does, indeed yeah…try using a different theme on your original user?

I’VE UNDESTOODEN!

The problem is in the creating of empty panel. Idk why but the bug occurse because of empty panel

1 Like

Well then, there ya go!

Weird for sure, but there ya go!

Erm…That doesn’t really sound like understanding…

Please, kde team! If you’re reading this forum, take in mind: the bug appears when you put panel (no matter what exact pane) on the top of the screen

But how can you explain that in a moment, when i put a panel on the top of the screen, this bug happens? I cannot.

P.s. I’ve reported a bug to kde, so u can comment or help to solve this: 448779 – Icons are rearranging themselves after each session. This branch will not close, unless bug will be solved.

Me neither.

This isn’t a branch. It’s a forum thread.

No offense, dude, but that doesn’t help. This is the Manjaro Forum, not KDE. If you don’t want to mark it as solved, that’s fine, but that threat won’t help you in any way.

No offense, dude, but that doesn’t help. This is the Manjaro Forum, not KDE. If you don’t want to mark it as solved, that’s fine, but that threat won’t help you in any way.

I know that it won’t help me to solve the issue, but the bug still exists. And it’s terrible:(

If it still exists, then it’s obviously bothering only you to the extend to call it terrible.

I was wondering if you could help me diagnose this issue as well; I’ve been running into this issue since 5.23.4 update. Before then it used to work fine.

However I have no panel at the top of my screen. In fact I have no panels whatsoever; I deleted the default one and have been using only Latte Dock for a long time now.

Today I’ve got kde plasma 5.23.5 update. The bug is fixed, finally:D

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.