Can't update or install ferdi

I was trying to update ferdi but it says:
electron13-bin: /usr/bin/electron13 already exists in filesystem (owned by electron)`

==> Finished making: electron13-bin 13.3.0-1 (Tuesday 07 September 2021 04:44:27 PM)
==> Cleaning up...
 -> electron13 not satisfied, flushing install queue
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) electron13-bin-13.3.0-1

Total Installed Size:  187.52 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                    [####################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                  [####################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                       [####################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                 [####################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
electron13-bin: /usr/bin/electron13 exists in filesystem (owned by electron)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

`

Here is a nice tutorial:

1 Like

Hi @Brijesh8291,

I use Ferdi myself, and it works fine. Although I’d recommend the -manjaro version, as it’s…well, Manjaro’s. It’s in the repositories:

[...]
ferdi-manjaro                                                                                                                                                                  [Installed] 5.6.1.nightly.2.r13.gbab27ed6-1
A messaging browser that allows you to combine your favorite messaging services into one application (always current GIT-Version)
[...]

So I’d recommend installing that:

pamac install ferdi-manjaro

Mine works like an absolute charm, and I use it daily.

1 Like

In the Arch stable and Manjaro unstable repos, electron is now v14 and there is a new electron13 package. The ferdi AUR package was updated to reflect this. Until these packages are updated in the Manjaro stable repo, I would install ferdi-bin instead.

@Mirdarthos All Ferdi packages have been dropped from the repos as there is no longer a maintainer.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.