I915 - Error Aromic update failure on pipe A

Hey!

I am having following error (from dmesg):
[drm:intel_pipe_update_end [i915]] *ERROR* Atomic update failure on pipe A

Unfortunately, I cannot post output from inxi, since whenever I open web-browser system freezes. This error occurs on HP Envy 13 (2018), so probably something related to Intel graphics (i5-8250) and nvidia (GTX 150MX).

Sorry about vague description, I will be to happy post more details and hear your feedback!

0 Likes

can you try this ?

0 Likes

1. cant do, because I dont have intel.conf
sudo cp /etc/X11/mhwd.d/intel.conf /etc/X11/mhwd.d/intel.conf.old
  1. Does not look like related issue
0 Likes

Any other ideas? Problem does not go anywhere…

0 Likes

I also have the same problem and I am trying to isolate its outcome. In my setup I have i7-8650H and GTX1060. It looks like whenever I see such kernel error, after several sleeps and wake-ups my laptops will freeze. Have you experienced the same issue?

0 Likes

I think it is close to what I am experiencing, the outcome is definitely the same. In my case freeze could be caused by web-browser, or by connecting second display or just randomly after couples of hours programming.

0 Likes

In the end I switch the windows manager to use intel integraded card and only use Nvidia with CUDA applications. The error atomic update warning is still there, but my laptop freezes no more.

0 Likes

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes