I wonder whether we should disable some emojis

I wonder if we should diable the :shit: emoji because of some users who don't use them appropriately.
Appropriate would be IMO rarely, once per thread and not on every following post by the OP.

1 Like

Maybe it is easier to lock this/ these user :wink: ?

1 Like

It was used consistently by one and only one user in that thread. So perhaps a PM to the user in question reminding them of the "appropriate" use of the emoji in question would be better than removing the emoji outright.

3 Likes

It would be easier if everybody understood the fine line between expression of opinion and insult or harrassment and bullying.

3 Likes

It's a thin line but I agree.

2 Likes

Mh, him/they are on my ignore + mute list & it is only his opinion that probably nobody is interested in.

2 Likes

I appreciate @GraveDigger1's improved constructiveness. But it's time to take the forum rules to the heart and not just as a formality.

2 Likes

Do you agree, once adding a :shit: to a post is OK, but repeatedly or to every post of a partiticular user is not?

2 Likes

I don't think we need the :poop: -icon.
It is not so bad to use it once, but it has to be with the right intention.
You must always remain respectful, otherwise you are just as bad as a .... :poop: :wink:

2 Likes

While I totally share your concern, I am not sure chasing emoji removal is a winning battle.

The people who want to misbehave will just find a new way to do so.

If we do want to remove some emojis, I think :fu: should be removed before :poop:

5 Likes

Indeed, they will use a banana :banana: or similar.

Be it as it may, I will close this topic and see tomorrow if something changed. (The emojis got removed.)

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by