I want to make a small cache for hdd

I would like to know how to make a small ssd cache for my 1tb hdd, but i only want to make the cache a partition on the ssd since it is my boot drive. is this possible, and would it even impact performance since both drives are sata? if this is even worth doing since both drives are sata please let me know how to do this.
thanks

no this is not worth a try. instead you can use preload and if possible a Ramdisk (but it depends on your PC’s capabilities). the write-cycles are limiting the lifetime of an ssd and it’s not a wise decission to use a ssd as temporary cache because this will cause a lot of write-cycles.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Preload

for further information please read the below

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    [HowTo] Provide System Information
    and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
    Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.