I upgraded my kernel saw a few warnings go by. How can I see what they said?

Opened detailes, saw a few warnings go by, they went to fast to read. How can I see what they said?

Moderator edit: Post title edited. Please see How to Post

You’ll be able to find them in:

/var/log/pacman.log

Is there a way to send a file to you? To big to paste here?

Copy and paste the relevant lines here, don’t upload your complete log. This way the next users with these warning can check what has been said about them and they show up in the search function of the forum.

[2022-02-10T08:36:45-0500] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qed
[2022-02-10T08:36:45-0500] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qla2xxx
[2022-02-10T08:36:46-0500] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: bfa
[2022-02-10T08:36:46-0500] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] ==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qla1280
 warning: /etc/locale.gen installed as /etc/locale.gen.pacnew

How bad is this?

1 Like

Unless something doesn’t seem to be working after the reboot, it is probably fine. Your system might not even have that hardware its talking about. For example, qla2xxx and qla1280 look like two competing firmware blobs. I think this error comes up with something is missing from the linux-firmware packages. It would only be a problem if you had the hardware and it actually required these blobs.

If you do a search in forum you will find plenty of information
:mag: qla1280
:mag: “Possibly missing firmware for module:”

To make it very short:
it’s not bad at all - not even a little bit
unless you own one of these devices (which is unlikely)
It’s just warnings.

2 Likes